Some scripts may define functions for handling events that are generated by user actions. For example, you might write a script to define a function for handling the events “submitting a form” or “clicking a click”.
On the client side, it can be used to write Web server programs that are executed by a web browser within the context of a web page.
On the server side, it can be used to write Web server programs that can process information submitted by a web browser and then update the browser’s display accordingly.
- You can modify the content of a web page by adding or removing elements.
- You can monitor mouse events like click, hover and can react to it.
- You can perform and control transition and animation.
- The operations based on user’s input can be performed.
- The user’s inputs can be validated before submitting to the server.
Manipulating HTML Pages